Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm preaching again!




God has been very good to me. I'm getting the opportunity to preach at a wonderful church in Hudson, Wisconsin. (Just a short 1 hour drive from home) While I am on a long sabbatical, between calls, I am so grateful for the people of Trinity who have provided this place to keep me preaching the Word of God. You can visit the web site of this congregation and learn about its ministries online. I've provided links at the side of this page. I'm preaching at Trinity's Family Center, a contemporary worship venue with an amazing amount of musical talent. In addition to the music, the heart of these people really touches me. I love to hear about their excitement for the future. It won't be long before the corn fields surrounding the Family Center grows a bustling, busy, community to serve rather than a crop of corn. I pray that God continues His awesome work in and among them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday's sermon was fantastic. From the giving of your Bible to a boy named Zach, referring to it, and silently taking it back and with such emotion whispering the words "I love this thing - this precious Word of God - is mine" as you held the Bible to the audience was a spiritual moment I will never forget. Thank you.
I am a new Lutheran (raised a Free Methodist and belong to the Covenant church) at Trinity and I just love it there. Cheri, the Worship Team, and the music are outstanding. Thank you, Pastor Mark. Bev Larsen

Anonymous said...

Pastor Mark,

We are so blessed to have you and your message at Trinity! I, too, loved yesterday's message. But, my favorite was learning about the yoke, and WHY the father in the boat didn't tell his boys to get back in the boat and finish their fishing! Now, I know. Thank you for your teaching/preaching style. I've enjoyed it, and look forward to more of the same. And, I'm GLAD you like the music at Trinity :) It's nice to know we add something to the experience.

Layne Shock (worship team member)