Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wake up to Wisdom! - Day 1 - Ephesians 6:10-24

"...Our struggle is not against flesh and blood..." (v.12a)
How easy it is to fall victim to the idea that my enemy is another human being! After all, it seems that there are plenty of my troubles that come from people, whether they are cutting me off in traffic, wounding my pride, or just being mean. The temptation to turn them into some sort of enemy, even for the moment, is an easy trap. The real struggle is the enemy who is aiming at my impatience, bloating my pride, or working to make me think only of myself. It's not a struggle with people but a struggle with the spiritual enemies of my eternal soul. That's why I need the armor God supplies...
  • The Belt of Truth
  • The Breastplate of Righteousness
  • Feet fitted with the Readiness of the Gospel of Peace
  • The Shield of Faith
  • The Helmet of Salvation
  • The Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God
AND... Prayer... LOTS of it every day.

Father in heaven, forgive me for the times I look to blame people for my struggles with the real enemy. Fit me with your armor and help me do battle with the real enemy. In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: