Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wake Up To Wisdom! - Day 5 - Isaiah 55:1-13


"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."
(v. 10-11)
These amazing words from the pen of the Prophet Isaiah tell me that there is a powerful reason to spend daily time in the Word of God. He's taking the "NEU mann" I am in Christ and causing spiritual things to happen in my life. He's making me grow! His clear prophetic word to ME is that He's going to accomplish something in me that will come to pass as I receive the Word with a ready and open heart. There's a purpose for which He sends His Word to me. Will He use it today to encourage someone else? Will he expose any traces of the "OLD mann" that He wishes to purify? Will He challenge me to greater boldness? He will not send it to me as an empty exercise just for "devotion time" but to make some things happen today!
Gracious God, make my heart ready and fertile for the heavenly rain of your Word. May it bring forth flourishing fruits and accomplish the purpose for which you have sent it today! In the name of your Son, Jesus. Amen

No comments: