Friday, April 30, 2010

Wake Up to Wisdom! - Day 6 - Psalm 119:1-88


Let your steadfast love come to me, O LORD,
your salvation according to your promise;
then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me,
for I trust in your word. (v. 41-42)
The more time I spend in God's Word, the more He teaches me about His love. I really need to know it so that I can handle the taunting I get on a consistent basis. You wanna know who's picking on me? That's right, the enemy we read about on day 1 of this reading plan. Satan, (the Bible calls him "the Accuser"), would just love for me to be discouraged. He wants me to believe that God doesn't care about me. Or at least, get me to focus on the unlikely, no the impossible, prospect of my measuring up to what he wants from my life. But God's promise to me is rock solid. I'm his child! I've got an answer for the one who taunts me.
Lord, hear my prayer. Let your steadfast love come to me, your salvation according to your promise; then shall I have an answer for him who taunts me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: